Sunday, October 5, 2008

Da Floor, Da Floor!


I finally got all the bamboo flooring down... well not the living room steps or the trim but all the floor surfaces!

I got the flooring at Costco. I had to buy the trim pieces and the stair tread at a local place. The trim and tread cost as much as the rest of the flooring. The local flooring place where I got the trim told me I wouldn't be happy with the Costco flooring (compared to theirs which cost over twice as much) because it was harvested too soon and would not be stable. That hasn't been the case - I've had the dining room down for over a year and it's just fine - a few small gaps but nothing bad at all.

Out with the old...


The little hall by the kids' rooms..

Steps downstairs


I had to move everything from one side of the living room to the other... first to get the carpet out and then to put the flooring down... 1/3 at a time, yuk.

Phase 1

Phase 2


Of course most of Phase 2 had to be pulled back up when I badly damaged a few infield boards moving that heavy, heavy, heavy elliptical. A 2 day setback.... :-(

But finally, Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment