Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cabin Helper

I went to help some friends unload a DC3 at their cabin site near Lake Creek. There's a link to a news video in this story - you can see my plane in the background when the DC3 lands and takes off and a couple pictures of me - riding on the back of a 4 wheeler and moving lumber in a green shirt… When they say her engines start on her own terms, no kidding - it took them 3 hours to get one of them running. It was a lot of fun, but turned out to be a long, wet, cold day after everyone else split and my friend and I relocated seemingly most of the 7000+ pounds of stuff to get it under tarps. I flew home in the dark exhausted and woke up pretty sore :-)



This guy made a really impressive short landing.



My plane on the strip.


Airstrip view.


View from the cabin site.


Owners Cubs.



This tent has an electric bear fence around it.



Cool storage - this thing was only $200 at Costco and is really well made.


From the air.


Video I took of the DC3 takeoff.




Link to Channel 2 News story about the delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment